Hey there, I'm Mike- a personal trainer and Titleist Performance Institute (TPI) certified golf fitness specialist based out of Charleston, SC. I've set out to blend two passions of mine, golf & fitness, into an informative and educational online and in-person coaching business designed to help people near and far. In college I suffered a back injury and spent my last season of college baseball hobbling around. I was in pain and frustrated. I knew that not only was I going to heal myself, but also that it was my mission to educate and coach others about the proper way to exercise so that injuries never deterred them from doing the things and playing the games they loved. My approach is centered around assessing every client to determine their movement limitations, asymmetries and imbalances. From there, I am able to carefully design a program that focuses on, and improves these areas both in terms of how the body moves in the gym and out on the course. When I'm not working with clients, you can find me on the course, at the beach, or with my beautiful wife Cait and two pups.
I was born and raised in Eastchester, NY. I got my first taste of southern living when I attended Wofford College in Spartanburg, SC . I was a baseball player my entire life and continued to play throughout college. After school I moved back up to NY and began my personal training career. I began training at Equinox in Greenwich, CT and worked my way to become a Tier X coach as well as help write the exercise curriculum for incoming trainers. After working there for over five years, I left to start my own in-home personal training business. When we decided to make to move to Charleston I expanded my online coaching business and have begun working with golfers of all ability levels from across the country.
1. Growth-minded: We strive to continually be better than yesterday. To adapt, learn, shift and strive the be the best versions of ourself.
2. Expert: At Coach Mike Mac, we are the experts in our field. We are constantly seeking the best strategies to deliver to our clients. Training golfers is what we do, that's it. We are sought after as the solution to your problems and create an environment that educates, inspires and gives confidence. Our clients know they are doing exactly what they need to do in order to optimize they move, feel and play.
3. Passion: We love what we do and it shows. Golf and movement are not just a passion, but a way of life. Energy and fun are the backbone of our approach. We love establishing relationships with clients, engaging with them, playing golf and holding each other accountable. We always view from the lens of service and go the extra mile because we care about your success.
4. Attention to detail: What sets us apart is the customized, detailed and specific approach we take with every client. We share open and honest communication to dig down to the root cause of the issue. Through assessment and evaluation we gather data and info about what's working and obsess over the best ways to help each individual client. Relationships matter to us and we take pride in forming genuine connections, not just blasting out a cookie cutter approach hoping it works for you.
5. Results: This is what it's all about. And it's the barometer we use to manage our reputation. We help transform not just your body and your game, but your life. Our job is to allow you to play this game at the highest level for as long as you want. Results matter, and we achieve them together. Take a look at testimonials from several of our very satisfied members. This will work for you, and you'll want to tell others about it.
I coach golfers how to move better, increase flexibility and play without pain. When it comes to fitness I've worked with people from all sorts of backgrounds, injuries, goals etc. Despite all these differences there seem to be a few universal commonalities amongst golfers. We want to....
-Play pain-free golf
-Shoot lower scores
-Hit it further
Taking your goals into account, I base my training off of the knowledge I've gained learning from many of the best and brightest in the fitness industry. There is so much information available about training that it's hard to determine what is valuable and what is not. My view is simple: assess don't guess. From there, move well, move often and master the basics. Once you do those things, everything else gets easier and the sky is the limit.
-Titleist Performance Institute (TPI)
-NSCA- Certified Strength & Conditioning Coach (CSCS)
-Precision Nutrition (Pn1)